Paddles for a Purpose
During our live auction, you will have the opportunity to show your support for our extensive children’s education programs.
Proceeds from this lot go directly to benefit the following ongoing curricula at the MFA:
- Strokes of Genius, a hands-on experience for the students of the Montessori School for the Deaf. The only comprehensive program of its kind in the state of Florida, students are able to develop communication skills and their American Sign Language vocabulary while learning about and discussing the permanent collections and creating art in the Museum’s classroom.
- Super Saturdays, held the 3rd Saturday of each month for all children and their adult companions in the community, offers unique, hands-on experiences in the Museum’s Interactive Gallery.
- Artistic Discovery, a high school art competition created in partnership with the Pinellas County School System and the 10th Congressional District. This event reaches over 300 students and their parents, where one lucky artist takes “Best in Show” and has their piece displayed in the Nation’s capital.
- Magic Carpet, a 30-week program for 20 at-risk pre-school (4-5 year old) students. This program focuses on the Museum’s permanent collection and includes insightful discussions and hands-on activities, balancing education and creativity to bring balance to these children’s lives.
- Outreach, an annual summer program provided to 80 at-risk students enrolled in R Club Child Care, Inc., an organization that offers child/youth development programs.